Friday, February 12, 2010

Incident Report #3

Hopefully this will be the last incident I need to file while we are in Kuwait! Last Monday (Feb 1st) I got into a little car accident. We are all ok, but it was a little unnerving. As I am sure I have said here before driving around here is CRAZY and that is especially true around the school at pick-up and drop-off time. Anyways, I was backing out of a parking spot after picking up Calvin from school and there were cars parked in the street and making it impossible to see any oncoming traffic. I guy came speeding around the cars parked in his lane and ran into my back bumper. In all fairness there is no way he could have seen me or me him, but he was probably going a little fast for the conditions. Here are some pics of the damage:
From Calvin's 6th Birthday

From Calvin's 6th Birthday

Hopefully we will get it fixed next week. Inshallah!

1 comment:

Godwins in Kuwait said...

I soooooo wish I had been around for this one. I heard that idiot boy who couldn't be bothered to wait his turn and smashed into you then got all upity about it. That is the sort of time you call your good friend Stew and tell me to wear black. It may look slimming but 6'7" and 350lbs of black bearing down on you in the Kuwaiti sun usually puts the mouthy locals in their places. I'm going to have to figure out how to clone myself and install the clones in some sort of 'in case of emergency break glass' cases. Then I can really have some fun!