Monday, May 11, 2009

Birthday Week

In the Bakazan house birthdays are not just a day; you get a whole week to celebrate! This year I had a very good 'birthday week'. It started last Saturday with a nice steak dinner Ryan grilled for us.
From birthday week

And then on Tuesday I spoiled myself with a hair cut and a mani/pedi. Now that I was all polished, I was ready for our night out Wednesday night.
From birthday week

We went to Macaroni Grill, and yes they actually have a Macaroni Grill in Kuwait!
From birthday week

Our meal was delicious and we were both stuffed, but since Ryan had mentioned it was my birthday when he made the reservation we were treated with Free dessert!
From birthday week

(thankfully they didn't sing and force me to crawl under the table)

Thursday was my actual birthday and I spent the morning having coffee with a bunch of girlfriends.
From birthday week

from L-R: Nena, Me, Caroline, and Anita. Unfortunately I didn't remember to pull out my camera until after a couple of my friends had already left, but Sarah and Edna were also there!

And those silly girls all bought me gifts! I tried to tell them I am too old for all that, but they wouldn't listen. Three of them bought me purses! Do they know me or what?!

Thursday night is our Embassy night so I actually got to have a drink on my birthday!
From birthday week

That night was so much fun I am actually going to tell you about it in a separate post. Stay Tuned!

The grand finale of the week was having my friends Marcelle and Sarah along with their husbands over on Saturday night.
From birthday week

We just ate and chatted and the guys smoked some cigars. It was a total blast and we were up way to late and all paid for it the next morning. (remember Sunday is the start of our work/school week)

And I just have to show you what my talented and amazing friend Marcelle made for me....
From birthday week

Isn't it beautiful?! We have a shared love of Tuscany so she decoupaged pictures of Tuscany onto this tray and painted it and everything. It is so cool!

Thank you to all my friends and family who called, emailed and left notes on Facebook on my birthday. I am so blessed!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

What a great sounding week! Love the pictures! And the embassy night sounds like a "hoot"! Love your son's bravery and comment! :)

Anonymous said...

That tray is AMAZING! You looked so cute, happy, and YOUNG! I miss you soooo much.... -- Brooke