Monday, June 29, 2009

The Last Week of School

The kids last day of School was Tuesday June 23rd. Calvin's class had their class party on Sunday with all kinds of good food and fun.
From schools out

Here he is sitting next to Hadi. Calvin and Hadi have a kind of love/hate relationship and always seem to find trouble when they are together.
From schools out

Thankfully no trouble occurred at the party, and even better they will be in separate classes next year.

But it does appear that Calvin at least contemplated some trouble:
From schools out

After they ate some yummy food they got to play "pass the parcel".
From schools out

We made sure to get the obligatory picture of Calvin's teacher this year - Ms Merricks.
From schools out

It was a nice little party for the kids, Calvin really had a good time.

Then the big day came.....THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! I don't know who was happier, me or the kids! I am so glad that alarm clock isn't buzzing at me at 5:15 anymore.
Calvin has grown up so much this school year it is unbelievable. Just look at the difference!
First Day of School:
From Calvin's First Day of School

Last Day of School:
From schools out

Alayna wanted to get her picture taken too of course so here are the two of them in one of their sweeter moments.
From schools out

Then after we dropped off Calvin it was off to Happy Chappies for Alayna's last day of school. And now that I wanted to take her picture she was no longer in the mood for it! Go figure. Here is the best I could do to get a picture of her with one of her teachers, Ms Grace.
From schools out

She has grown a lot too this year, but as you can see, she is still my baby girl.
First Day of School:
From Bak 4 More

Last Day of School:
From schools out

I just can't believe that next year they will both be in school 5 days a week. I am really going to miss Alayna and my girl time. They grow up so fast.

No comments: