Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kuwait Liberation Day

Today is a day of great celebration and a bit of sorrow in Kuwait. It is the day they celebrate their Liberation from Iraq, but also the day they remember those that lost their lives in that struggle for freedom. A brief history lesson if I may:

The Iraqi occupation of Kuwait began in August of 1990, and in January of 1991 the Gulf War as we know it began. The US, along with coalition forces, forced the Iraqis out of Kuwait, and Kuwait was able to raise their flag again on February 26th, 1991.

The generation of Kuwaitis that remember that day are still very grateful to the Americans for helping them regain their freedom. The younger generation is usually more influenced by todays politics and world problems. Still most Kuwaitis know way more about Americans than we do about them.

So to maybe even it up a little, and in honor of Liberation Day, I thought it would be fun to do a...

Q8 Q&A

So here is what we will do:
Any question you might have about Kuwait or our lives here
email me,
comment to this post,
write on my Facebook wall
and let me know.
I will post your question and my answer right here on Bak4More.(hopefully with some photographic proof as well)

Sound Fun???

Put on your thinking cap and ask away!

No comments: