Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One Proud Mama!

PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

If you don't want to hear me brag about my kids then please stop reading now!
...
....
.....

Ok, if you are still with me, you get to hear about my wonderful day today!

First, when I picked up Alayna from school her teacher stopped me and told me that they have been working on their number books at school. It seems Alayna is a very clever girl and can identify all her numbers from 1 - 10 and is "way ahead of her peers"! She said she is the smartest little girl in the class and wanted to let me know that she is going to begin working on More than and Less than with Alayna next. I can not tell you how it warms my heart to hear that about Alayna. I am so proud of her!

Later that evening we had Calvin's Parent Teacher Conference. We were the last appointment for the day and I was teasing the teacher that she would soon be done and be able to get home and relax. She said "Well we saved the best for last, Calvin is my Star pupil." They give the children 3 assesments; one math, one phonics, and one reading. It seems Calvin was the ONLY one in the class to get 100% on ALL THREE assesments! YAY! We have always know Calvin was bright, but it is so affirming for that to be confirmed by his teacher.

So in one day I got to hear that both of my children are at the top of their prospective classes! I am bursting with pride!

4 comments:

Scott, Sarah, William, Daniel, Colin, and Sam said...

Go, Calvin & Alayna!!!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for all of you :) I KNOW first hand about the pride a mother has for her child.It continues for ever if we are blessed ( I AM )

GREAT NEWS Calvin and Alayna !!

Anonymous said...

I guess I goofed by being anonymous.Anyway It's me."sandy" :)

momof2in09 said...

Awesome!