Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tubing!

I couldn't believe it but both kids wanted to go Tubing this year. We had tried to get Calvin to go last year, but he just wasn't ready. This year he was going to be brave! They went in the tube with Daddy and had to have Papa promise not to go too fast! It was a little cold yet so you will see they have their sweatshirts on under their life vests.

Calvin went first:
From blog

As you can see Daddy was pretty proud of Calvin for being so brave.

Then it was Alayna's turn:
From blog

She even went NO hands! My little daredevil. When we stopped the boat after taking Alayna around the lake a few times she immediately said "I wanna go again!" It was so cute.
From blog

But it was a bit cold so we headed in for the day.

When my sister came to the cottage a couple weeks later, the kids wanted to go tubing with her. They had been told that Auntie is the best tuber ever!
Calvin went first again:
From blog

Alayna went next:
From blog

Then Brooke and I thought it would be fun for the 2 of us to go tubing again like we used to when we were kids. We went and picked up the 2nd tube and we were off!
From blog

I don't think I have been tubing in at least 6 years, and let's just say I am NOT 15 anymore. I couldn't raise my arms over my head for over a week after that little stunt! But it really was worth it. Brooke and I had such a blast doing it.

Then we got the kids out there again.
From blog

I know it's hard to see, but Alayna is in the tube with Brooke and I have Calvin with me. Two generations of tubers all out there at the same time. A memory to last a lifetime!

3 comments:

Scott, Sarah, William, Daniel, Colin, and Sam said...

Okay, so this is funny: Being from south Louisiana, when we go "tubing", we float in a big inner tube down a river. Quite a lazy activity! Your post is not what I expected to find from the title! Glad the kiddos were so brave (and you & Brooke, too ;-) )

Sarah Mavrikakis said...

Fantastice! I want to go tubing!! Looks SOO much fun ;)

Brooke said...

I'm finally getting caught up and am sitting here smiling while I remember how much fun we had. Love you, sis!