Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy Hour

Every Thursday night at the Embassy they have "Happy Hour". We hadn't been able to get there yet because Ryan usually gets home a little too late to go. This Thursday he got home early and we decided to try it. We weren't really sure what to expect, but we were very pleasantly surprised. There is food to order, everything from chicken nuggets for the kids to steaks! And best of all you can drink alcohol! I got to have a glass of WINE!!! I was so happy!!! There were lots of kids there and they had a bouncy house set up as well as soccer goals and balls to play with. There was also a room with some toys and a Disney movie playing for the kids. The kids had a blast running around and bouncing, and Alayna had nothing but popcorn for dinner! They even both got to have a Diet Sprite! It was a lot of fun. I had 2 glasses of wine and lets just say Happy Hour was very HAPPY for me! Oh my goodness did I get drunk off 2 glasses of wine!!! I guess that is what happens when you haven't been drinking for over a month! I told Ryan from now on I am going to be a very cheap date and only want 1 glass when we go. I think it is this next Thursday that "THE" Papa John of Papa John's Pizza is going to be there making pizzas! Alayna will be in heaven! We are going to make a point of trying to go as often as possible. It is a great way to meet other Americans and the kids get to run and play as well. We are so lucky to have access to the Embassy and all of the privileges that go with it.

No comments: