Monday, November 16, 2009

Alayna's First Day of School

So on October 29th it was FINALLY Alayna's first day of school. She was suppose to start on September 1st with her brother, but with the swine flu scare the government didn't allow the little ones back until the end of October.

I was very uncertain of how this day would go. As some of you may remember she had a very hard time at her school last year and cried A LOT! But this year she was so excited about school, and couldn't wait to go to "the big kids school" and wear her "school dress" that I was hopeful that things would be different this time. Finally the day of reckoning arrived.

She was so happy to put her uniform on. How cute is she?
From 2009-11-09
And her brother was so proud of her.
From 2009-11-09
I guess I should clarify a bit.....Last year Alayna went to a small nursery school, and this year she is going to The English School with her brother. It is a pretty big school with classes for children from ages 2 1/2 to 13. Last year she only went 2 days a week, and this year she goes 5 days a week. So this is truly like her first year of real school.

Once we got to the school she just ran right in; totally confident with her little princess backpack.
From 2009-11-09
And when we got over to her little play area (just for the kids in her grade level) she saw some familiar faces. Like her friend Olivia.
From 2009-11-09
And her friend Lewis, who is actually in her class with her as well.
From 2009-11-09
When it was time to go into the classroom she was as confident as ever. I had to ask for a kiss and hug which she barely had time to give me. And off she went into the classroom without giving me another thought.
From 2009-11-09
I was so proud of her! She was such a big girl. All my worrying about tears were for naught and I was the one left with tears in my eyes. My baby girl is growing up.

No comments: